Ready or not, the Fall season is now upon us! This is the time of year we look forward to planning the upcoming holiday season and spending time with our families. Unfortunately this is also the time of year we will sometimes get the unwelcome house guests as well-the house mouse! Chem-Wise provides mouse control and rat control in Berwyn, IL and the surrounding Chicagoland area.
The house mouse is generally small and slender from 2-3 1/2″ long, weighing 5/8 to 1 ounce. Mice are excellent climbers and can be found anywhere from cultivated fields to basements to upper stories in a skyscraper.
There are a few simple things that you can do to make these critters feel unwanted, and prevent them from being attracted to your home.
1. Keep leaf debris away from the perimeter of your home.
2. Keep you firewood stacked as far from the home as possible.
3. Keep your grass seed, bird seed and pet food in sealed containers so that the mice do not have a food supply.
4. Strategically place the bird feeders as far from the house as possible.
5. Make sure all potential entry points are sealed. The most common areas are where the utilities such as the A/C condenser line, gas line, water spigots and electrical lines enter the house.
6. Reduce the overall clutter in the garage to reduce the potential harborage sites.
Following the simple “cultural practices” noted above you will greatly reduce the changes of having mice overwinter in your home this cold season.
If you are having problems with mice contact your local Chem-Wise office today!